Gabon - African Development Bank - 2006-2008
ORT is implementing a 2-year technical assistance project that aims to reinforce the system of vocational training in Gabon. The ORT team is working within the Ministry of Technical Education and Vocational Training, which is responsible for the reinsertion of youth into the education system. The principal objectives of ORT specialists are:
- Help reinforce educational administration;
- Reinforce institutional capacity and links between universities;
- Training of trainers and introduction of new technologies;
- Strengthen project management;
- Formulate a plan of action for human resources development in conformity with the national strategic plan for the reduction of poverty.
Gabon - Government of Gabon - 1973
ORT surveyed various training needs and developed a curriculum for an industrial
technical training center, subsequently established in Franceville.
Gabon - Shell-Elf - 1969-1975
ORT designed, established, and operated a series of specialized training programs for the employees of Shell-Elf Gabon, a public-private joint enterprise and one of Gabon's largest skilled labor employers.
These included on-the-job and formal training in electro-mechanics, instrument repair, and pneumatics.
Gabon - USAID - 1966-1969
An ORT team designed, constructed, and subsequently managed a training center in Libreville.
ORT trained and upgraded personnel for electro-mechanics and refrigeration. Counterpart instructors and administrators received specialized training in teaching techniques at the Central ORT Institute in Geneva.
» more projects in Africa